From the Conservative Action Project…
“Any budget is a series of compromises, between what is ideal and what is achievable. Conservatives know that Rome wasn’t built – or burned – in a day. Nevertheless, the Conservative Movement rightly expected the Trump administration to start any budget negotiations closer to the ideal than any administration has been able to for decades.
“And that is what it has done. The proposed budget is a major step in the right direction…(T)he budget completely eliminates the following agencies:
- African Development Foundation
- Appalachian Regional Commission
- Chemical Safety Board
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Delta Regional Authority
- Denali Commission
- Inter-American Foundation
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency
- Legal Services Corporation
- Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation
- Northern Border Regional Commission
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation
- U.S. Institute of Peace
- U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness
- Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
“The conservative joke going around Washington these days is, “What do you call the elimination of 19 federal agencies?” You guessed it: ‘A beginning.’ This is a budget conservatives are happy to support enthusiastically.”
What they said!
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Nevada’s #1 Irritator of Liberals and RINOs
P.S. Don’t you love how liberals who hated former President Ronald Reagan and took every opportunity to mock and trash him both in and out of office, now complain that President Donald Trump isn’t like Reagan. What hypocrites!
And did you catch how washed-up/has-been “reporter” Bob Woodward felt it necessary at the White House Fake Correspondents Dinner to declare, “Mr. President, the media is not fake news.”
To paraphrase Margaret Thatcher: “If you have to tell people you’re real news, you’re not.”
COME SAIL AWAY!
We are now exactly just one week away from Citizen Outreach’s 2017 Baja Cruise! For those who haven’t been before, here are a few helpful tips…
1.) Don’t forget to bring either/or your passport or birth certificate plus a photo ID. Taking a cruise to Mexico isn’t like voting in the U.S. They actually want to know you are who you say you are!
2.) Print your boarding passes and extra luggage tags at home before heading to Long Beach. Also, remember that if you board early (meaning you can start enjoying yourself sooner!), there could be a delay before your luggage is actually delivered to your room. So take whatever you want/need for those few hours in-between with you.
3.) There is a “formal dinner” night, but that doesn’t mean you need to wear a tux. For some folks that just means they wear deck shoes instead of flip-flops. But we always take some nice “vacation casual” clothes to wear since that’s the night they have multiple professional photographers on-board with multiple, pretty cool backgrounds. Perfect opportunity for family and individual portraits.
4.) Consider booking any excursions you want to take on Catalina Island or in Ensenada, Mexico early. Last year my kids wanted to try out the zip line on Catalina and it was sold out by the time we made up our minds.
5.) Check with your mobile phone carrier before departing and let them know you’ll be out of the country for a period of time. I have Verizon and they have a program that automatically kicks in whenever I wander into foreign territory for a reasonable set price instead of risking ginormous roaming charges.
6.) While it’s usually pretty nice and warm during the day for this particular cruise at this particular time of year, it can also get chilly, especially at night. Bring a sweatshirt.
Again, if you have any questions or need to reach me, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org and my cell is (702) 350-0040.
See you all next week!
- Trump at 100-Day Rally: ‘Keeping One Promise After Another’
- Trump: North Korea’s Kim Is ‘Pretty Smart Cookie’
- Politico: Democrats Going Full Obstructionist
- Pence: Trump Fighting ‘Gale-Force Wind’ of DC Establishment
- Poll Finds Most Voters Trust Trump Over Media
- Newt: Trump Battles Democrat-Led ‘Bureaucratic State’
- Trump Slams Media for ‘Refusal’ to Cover His Achievements
- Schumer: NYC Should Not Foot Trump’s Security Bill
- Joe 2020? Biden Returns to Early Primary State for Democratic Dinner
- Kudlow: Tax Plan Will Be ‘Home Run’ After Some Debate
- Trump Invites Philippines’ Duterte to Washington in ‘Friendly’ Call
- US Marines Return to Afghanistan’s Volatile Helmand
- White House Correspondents Dinner: Bob Woodward Tells Trump, ‘The Media Is Not Fake News’
- Ted Yoho on NKorea: ‘We Can’t Have the Veiled Threats’
- GOP Health Plan for Pre-existing Conditions Spawns Worries
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I met with incumbent Las Vegas Municipal Court Judge Heidi Almase and am personally supporting her in the District 3 general election on June 13th. Among the reasons… click here.
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“Mike Pence wanted to be here tonight but his wife wouldn’t let him, because apparently one of you ladies is ovulating.” – Ass-clown “comedian” Hasan Minhaj taking cheap shot at the vice president’s wife at the White House Fake Correspondents Dinner Saturday night