Should Republicans Support the National Popular Vote Compact? Surprisingly…Maybe
If you’re a conservative like me, your knee-jerk reaction to any suggestion of changing our presidential elections to a national popular vote isn’t just no, but…”Heck (or stronger), no!” After all, Al Gore and Hillary Clinton both won the popular vote but lost the elections under the current system, right?
But after attending a conference in Panama last weekend to learn more about the National Popular Vote Compact (NPVC), I’ve changed my position to…well, maybe. But to get there you need to get to the devil in the details.
The first detail…
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Nevada’s #1 Irritator of Liberals and RINOs
P.S. For Best Performance by an Alpha Male in a Den of Vipers, the Oscar goes to… Donald Trump!
Folks, if you missed yesterday’s boffo press conference performance by the President of the United States – where he sliced-and-diced the liberal, biased “fake news” media like there was no tomorrow – grab yourself a bag of popcorn and click here
- Trump: Kellogg, 3 Others in Play to Replace Flynn
- Trump Pledges to Protect US Jobs at Boeing Rollout
- Priebus: Harward Did Not Decline NSA Over Staffing Issue
- Senate Confirms Scott Pruitt as EPA Administrator
- Trump: ‘We Must Realize Potential of Women in our Economy’
- Trump-Blaster Mark Sanford: I’m a ‘Dead Man Walking’
- Trump, Fond of Signing Executive Orders, Awaits More Pens
- Trump Thanks Rush for Praising His Press-Bash Briefing
- Trump Book Hits New York Times Bestseller List
- State Dept. Lays Off Staff While Tillerson Is Overseas
- Trump’s Anger Over Leaks Could Prompt Prosecutions
- Reports: Crossroads Media Founder to Be Trump Comm Chief
- Rock-Star Republican Ted Nugent Mulls Senate Bid
- Whistleblower: VA Contractor Cheated Vets out of Agent Orange Benefits
- GOP Blasts VA: Too Much Time On Unions, Not Enough on Vets
- Is Pope Francis Backing Anti-Trump Protesters?
- ICE: 350% More Illegals Snared in Raids Under Obama
- Politico: Fox News’ Nauert Eyed for State Spokeswoman Spot
- New Marine Corps Ads Leave Out ‘Few,’ ‘Proud’
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
Word on the Street: After exposing himself in a “fake opinion column” as a supporter of sanctuary cities, I’m now hearing that Democrat time-share salesman Steve Cloobeck has decided NOT to run for Nevada governor in 2018.
- Mitchell: Bill introduced in Carson City would ban fracking in Nevada
- Weinberg: The Word You Snot Slinging, Tantrum Throwing Lefties are Looking for is Assimilation
- Nevada Firearms Coalition statement on Nevada Legislative Committee Rejection of Proposed Rifle Cartridge Ban
- Knecht/Lawrence: The Grim News: The Economic Outlook
- Senate Has A Plan To Dismantle Obama’s Consumer Protection Agency
- Boston College Prof: White Male Privilege Won 2016 Election
- There Are At Least 170 Million Internet-Connected Devices Susceptible To Hacking In The U.S.
- Scientists Confirm Water Has Been On Mars Recently
- Middle America Is Loving Trump And His Policies
- New York Offers $7.6 Billion Bailout To Some Nuclear Plants, Forces Others To Shut Down
- Someone Used Hacked Vending Machines To Hold A University’s Internet Hostage
- United Airlines pilot is removed from flight after ‘ranting about her break-up over the intercom
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“The press has become so dishonest, that if we don’t talk about it, we are doing a tremendous disservice to the American people, a tremendous disservice, we have to talk about it … “The press is out of control … the level of dishonesty is out of control. . . . Many of our nation’s reporters will not tell you the truth and will not treat the wonderful people of this country with the respect that they deserve.” – President Donald Trump, 2/16/17