GOP Poll: Republicans want tax reform and approve of Trump
By DAVID M. DRUCKER
The political nonprofit aligned with House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., is attempting to build support for tax reform on Capitol Hill by casting the issue as a promise made by President Trump that voters want fulfilled.
The group, American Action Network, on Monday shared a new public opinion poll with the Washington Examiner that showed strong support among Republicans for changes to the tax code. The national poll of Republican voters also found deep support for Trump, with 89 percent giving him positive marks for his performance on the job, and 78 percent indicating they “strongly approve.”
The poll was released on the eve of Trump’s first address to a joint session of Congress, as GOP infighting on taxes has exploded in the House and Senate.
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Nevada’s #1 Irritator of Liberals and RINOs
P.S. Loathsome blabber-mouth Rosie O’Donnell – who recently suggested President Donald Trump’s son, Barron, was autistic – is scheduled to lead a protest in front of the White House this afternoon in advance of the president’s address to Congress.
That will be followed up on the MSNBC fake news network after the speech with a roundtable discussion featuring Trump-haters Bill Maher, Kathy Griffin, Michael Moore, and Rob Reiner which will be “moderated” by Trump-hater Chris Matthews.
All of which will inch Trump closer to a 50-state re-election sweep in 2020. Go nitwits, go!
- Trump Slams Democrat Pelosi: ‘Incompetent,’ Doing a ‘Terrible Job’
- Trump: No ‘Method’ to My Tweeting
- Trump Grades Himself: A-Plus for Effort; C or C-Plus on Messaging
- Trump: Obama Behind Protests, Leaks
- Trump: We Could be Spending $30 Billion More on the Military
- Trump Says ‘Revved up Economy’ Will Pay for Budget Proposals
- Poll: Majority Believe Trump Is Keeping Campaign Promises
- WSJ: Jon Huntsman in Running for No. 2 State Dept Job
- Biggest Wealth Fund Returns $53B After Trump Rally
- Mexico Warns US It Will Cut Off NAFTA Talks If Tariffs Added
- GOP Sens. Cruz, Lee, Paul Call For Full Repeal of Obamacare
- Trump: ‘Better’ if I Don’t Attend Correspondents’ Dinner
- Gizzi: Will Trump, Pope Meet in May?
- Trump: NYT Has ‘Evil Intent,’ ‘They Write Lies’
- Trump Approved Staffer Phone Checks by Spicer
- Rand Paul: Probe of Trump’s Russia Ties Driven by ‘Hysteria’
- Fleischer: Trump Wise to Snub Correspondents’ Dinner
- Sessions Cites ‘Dangerous’ Crime Wave to Justify Tough Approach
- Trump: Oscars Mix-up a Result of Being Too Focused on Politics
- Congress Spent $14.7 Million on Foreign Travel in 2016 – A Whopping 24 Percent Increase
- Oscars Broadcast Least Watched Since 2008
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
There are a LOT of stupid bills coming from the Democrats in the Nevada Legislature this year, but perhaps none as stupid as Senate Bill 223 which was introduced yesterday by un-elected State Sen. Yvanna Cancella (D-Culinary Union).
The bill would make Nevada a “sanctuary state” by prohibiting “state and local law agencies from conducting immigration enforcement actions.” If passed the bill would prohibit the government from even “collecting information on a person’s immigration status.”
Now exactly how in the world will we know if illegal aliens are registering and voting illegally if we don’t even know if they’re illegal aliens? Then again, that’s surely Sen. Cancella’s point.
For his part, our totally worthless governor issued a statement refusing to “weigh in” on this outrageous bill. Real profile in cowardice – and means there’s a very good chance “America’s Worst Governor” will actually sign it if passed.
2018, when this guy is finally termed out, can’t come soon enough.
SAVE THE DATES
After a five-year hiatus, the Conservative Leadership Conference will return this September 15-16th at the Tropicana Resort in Las Vegas. Details to come.
Also, don’t forget my “High Dollar Fundraising” workshop will be held in Carson City on Thursday, March 16 at 6:00 pm. Again, details to follow.
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“(W)hile US Senator Elizabeth Warren organized rallies to support illegal immigrants seemingly overnight, our nation’s veterans have been severely suffering from an underperforming veteran’s administration for decades. . . . Illegal immigration is illegal. Unlike illegal immigrants, LEGAL immigrants are a benefit to our nation and always have been part of the best of who we are. Legal immigrants that become part of our society make positive contributions to the tax base, the workforce and those who serve in our military are a national treasure. Senator Warren and others like her should know the difference between legal and illegal activity and chose instead to act out negatively in selfish political theater.” – Veterans Assisting Veterans