Some aging, has-been dancer named Rosie Perez (who?) declared on CNN (where else?) last night that actress Meryl Streep was “brave” for politicizing the Golden Globes award program with her attack on President-elect Donald Trump.
Brave? Are you kidding?
Soldiers are brave.
Cops are brave.
Firefighters are brave.
Kids fighting cancer are brave.
Streep is a pampered, elitist limousine liberal.
Her “bravery” was only in wearing that hideous dress on stage.
On the other hand, it was Hollywood snowflakes like Streep who turned off mainstream American voters and helped elect Trump. So…heckuva job, Merylie!
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Nevada’s #1 Irritator of Liberals and RINOs
P.S. President Barack Obama is set to deliver his farewell speech tonight in Chicago.
- Kushner Appointment Keeping Family Close in Trump’s White House
- Deutsche Bank Predicts Massive Growth Under Trump
- Condoleeza Rice Backs Jeff Sessions for Attorney General
- Trump Advisers Meeting With Paul Ryan on Tax Reform
- Sununu: Wound-Licking Dems in Futile Attempt to Stop Sessions
- Sessions Gets Big Backing From Law Enforcement Officials
- Poll: 80 Percent Want Originalist SCOTUS Nominee
- WashPost Columnist: Media Shouldn’t Call Trump ‘Liar’
- Trump Touts Auto Industry Jobs
- Alibaba’s Ma Tells Trump of Plan to Create 1M US Jobs
- Artist Arrested For Changing Famed Sign to ‘HOLLYWeeD’
- US Fired Warning Shots at Iranian Boats in Strait of Hormuz
- Survey: 70 Percent of Voters Want Obamacare Repealed
- Rep. Lamar Smith: NYT Story on Climate Change, Dying Children Is ‘Fake News’
- Family Members of ISIS Victims Suing Twitter
Every kid who’s ever played competitive sports knows that if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. And everyone knew going into last night’s college football championship game that Alabama was the best. In fact, they were the defending national champions.
But with one second to go in the game, underdog Clemson scored a touchdown to beat the best and become the best.
I also really liked how both quarterbacks conducted themselves in the game. No showboating. No end zone antics. No “dabbing.” No taunting. Just pure class and sportsmanship. What a welcome change from obnoxious hot dogs like ass-clown Cam Newton.
Congrats to the Tigers! And thank you – both teams and players – for a great game.
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
Tax-hiking RINO Nevada Lt. Gov. Mark Hutchison took himself out of the 2018 race for governor on Monday.
The “spin” was that he wanted to spend more time with his family and business. The reality is he was scared to death to take on conservative Attorney General Adam Laxalt in a contested GOP primary. Hutch knew that, with the help of conservative Republican primary voters, Laxalt would have cleaned his clock.
It appears the guv field has now been cleared on the GOP side – as long as Laxalt actually runs. On the Dem side, however, a messy primary is shaping up.
The early front-runner would appear to be Clark County Commission Chairman Steve Sisolak, who is sitting on a pretty fat campaign nest egg. There’s also Senate Majority Leader Aaron Ford, businessman Steve Cloobeck and possibly even another run by Congresswoman Dina “Tax Us” Titus.
Let the games begin.
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“As expected, last night’s Golden Globe Awards gave Hollywood stars a chance to cry over the end of the Obama era and posture self-righteously about Donald Trump. But the one who’s getting the most press is Meryl Streep … Meryl Streep is a gifted actress, possibly the best of her generation, but let’s get real: a guardian of the truth she is not.” – former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee