Why they needed an official “study” of this is unclear, as it’s so patently obvious. But at least we now have documentable proof…
“The so-called ‘Ferguson Effect’ – officers backing off policing out of fear that their actions will be questioned after the fact – has been talked about but never really quantified. A new study suggests the effect is a reality, with three-quarters of officers surveyed saying they are hesitant to use force, even when appropriate, and are less willing to stop and question suspicious people.”
And here’s a news flash for you: The communities that are being harmed the worst by the Ferguson Effect are the high-crime inner city communities where all the Black Lives Matter agitators are pissing and moaning.
Be careful what you wish for.
Dr. Chuck Muth, PsD
Professor of Psephology (homeschooled)
Nevada’s #1 Irritator of Liberals and RINOs
P.S. Barack Obama finally, thankfully, said farewell. As the Twitter hashtag puts it, “The End of a Error.”
P.P.S. On another subject, human trash Dylan Roof has been given the death sentence for killing nine black church members attending a Bible study class in South Carolina in 2015.
Good. Let’s get on with it. In fact, let’s schedule the execution for next Monday on Martin Luther King Day. That would add a little salt in Roof’s wound.
- Trump Slams Russia Reports as ‘Phony Stuff’ Concocted by ‘Sick People’
- Trump: ‘Russia Has Never Tried to Use Leverage Over Me’
- Kellyanne Conway: Russia Report ‘Just Fake,’ Not News
- Moscow: Trump Blackmail Report Is ‘a Complete Fabrication’
- Trump Promises More Factory Jobs
- Trump Nominates David Shulkin for VA Secretary
- World Bank: Trump Tax Cuts Could Jump-Start Global Economy
- Transportation Nominee Endorses ‘Bold New’ Rebuilding Plan
- Trump Team Meets Latino Leaders for ‘Listening Session’
- Politico: Trump Keeps Campaign HQ Open for 2020 Re-election
- Dems Irked by Trump’s Timing For Presser, Hearings
- Dems Push Bill to Allow Lawsuits Against Trump on Financials
- Gizzi: Remembering Civil Rights Legend Roy Innis
- Rep. Dave Brat: Obama Did Not ‘Fix’ Economic Mess Left by Republicans
- NY Post: Obama’s Israel Policies May Get Him Rejected From Golf Club
- Intricate Process to Repeal Obamacare Expected to Start Thursday
- Poll: More than Half of US Military Members Unhappy With Obama
- Passengers Cheer Ex-Sen. D’Amato As He Gets Booted From JetBlue Flight for Complaining
NEVADA NEWS & VIEWS
The following was forwarded to me by longtime subscriber George Caras. I don’t know who the original author is, but this is absolutely GREAT and, I’m sure, speaks for a lot of us…
“Dear Hollywood celebrities: You exist for my entertainment. Some of you are great eye candy. Some of you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes. Some of you can scare the crap out of me. Others make me laugh. But you all have one thing in common, you only have a place in my world to entertain me. That’s it.
“You make your living pretending to be someone else, playing dress-up like a 6-year-old. You live in a make-believe world in front of a camera, and often when you are away from one, too. Your entire existence depends on my patronage. I’ll crank the organ grinder; you dance.
“I don’t really care where you stand on issues. Honestly, your stance matters far less to me than that of my neighbor. You see, you aren’t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer and you cease to exist in my world. Once I am done with you, I can put you back in your little box until I want you to entertain me again.
“I don’t care that you don’t like Mr. Trump. But I bet you looked cute saying it. Get back into your bubble. I’ll let you know when I’m in the mood for something blue and shiny. And I’m also supposed to care that you threatened to leave this great country when Trump becomes president? Ha. Please don’t forget to close the door behind you. We’d like to reserve your seat for someone who loves this country and really wants to be here.
“Make me laugh, or cry, or scare me, but realize that the only words of yours that matter are written by someone else, for you to read! I might agree with some of you from time to time, but it doesn’t matter. In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment. So, shut your pie hole and dance!”
AMEN & HALLELUJAH!
- Las Vegas no ‘sanctuary city,’ Metro says, but policy says otherwise
- Outrage in Philadelphia as New Soda Tax Doubles Drink Prices
- Manhattan culinary staple China Fun shutters, blaming government over-regulation
- Sorry, Meryl but that hypocritical anti-Trump rant was easily the worst performance of your career (apart from that time you gave a child rapist a standing ovation)
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
“Days before he takes office, Democrats – and some Republicans – continue to wrestle with the president-elect’s ability to command and reshape news cycles to his liking. His use of Twitter and strategic call-ins to reporters and TV shows, which bear no resemblance to past presidents’ communication strategy, have hardly changed since the election.” – Columnist Dave Weigel of the Washington Post